If you’re like many of us, you’ve made a resolution to lose weight this year. It’s not an unusual resolution to make and you’re not alone. In fact, according to statistics, this is one of the top 10 resolutions every year. However, within a few short weeks, many have forgotten all about their resolution to lose weight. These to 10 healthy eating tips for weight loss will help you to keep to your resolution.
1. Increase the number of fruits and vegetables that you’re eating and reduce the number of carbs. You’ll find that you’re quickly filling up on the vegetables and in short order, your efforts will pay off and you’ll begin to lose weight.
2. Drink more water. Drink more water and less sugary drinks. Also be sure that you drink a full six to eight ounces of water prior to each meal and you’ll eat less because you’ll feel full.
3. Get out and get moving. It’s easier said than done to be sure but just a short 15-minute walk each day can make all the difference in how you’re feeling and your weight loss.
4. Drink at least one cup of green tea per day. Green tea has plenty of great antioxidants and it’s a weight loss must have. You’ll find that you lose up to 70 more calories per day when you include green tea in your diet.
5. Stick to serving sized. It’s easy to load up on foods that are comfort foods such as mashed potatoes and gravy, however, it’s also very detrimental to your diet program. Eat a serving of these foods but no more.
6. Never skip breakfast. This can cause you to overeat all day long. Instead, focus on a healthy breakfast that will get you through until your lunch break.
7. Keep healthy snacks on hand so that you’re not tempted to eat junk food when you’re hungry. Fill up on fresh veggies and fruits in lieu of candy, cake, and other junk foods.
8. Don’t over indulge on bread. Also, keep in mind what you’re putting on your bread. It’s fine to have a slice of buttered toast with breakfast or a salad, however, don’t double or triple the amount of butter and limit yourself to one slice.
9. Keep your sugar intake low. Sugar can add calories fast. Opt for small amounts of sugar only and if you can avoid it, do so by all means.
10. When faced with a restaurant for a meal, consider the salad options but be mindful of the dressings. Ask for dressing on the side or a vinaigrette dressing to help reduce the calories. Make sure that the salad you choose has more fruits and veggies in it than anything else. Keep in mind the croutons and keep them to a minimum to ensure that you’re staying within your calorie goals.
Following these 10 healthy eating tips for weight loss will go far in helping you to lose weight and manage your weight once you’ve lost it.