10 Easy Diet Tips For Fast Weight Loss
Weight loss, it seems that everywhere you look you hear the term. From the most recent fad to the expert tips you’re going to be hearing a lot on this topic over the next several months. These 10 easy diet tips will help you with fast weight loss.
1. Before you ever eat your meal, drink a glass of water. Water helps to keep you hydrated and it also helps to fill you up. You’ll be much less inclined to overeat if you follow this tip. It only takes six to eight ounces of water before each meal. For some added fun and flavor consider a few slices of cucumber, strawberries or other berries, or orange (or another citrus) slices in your water.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables and fewer carbs. By doing this, you’re going to fill up on plenty of roughage and you’ll feel fuller faster. Keep your plate ratio to 3/4 fruits and veggies and 1/4 carbs and 1/4 portion of some type of meat for best results.
3. Cut back on the bread and pasta. These are very filling and can make your body hold tighter to those calories. Also keep in mind what you’re putting on these. Are you adding more than one serving of butter? If so, cut back.
4. Brush your teeth immediately after you eat. You’ll be less inclined to eat again soon after brushing your teeth. Keep a toothbrush handy in your purse or desk drawer.
5. Drink fewer drinks with calories such as juice, lemonade or alcoholic drinks. Instead, stock up on water with fruit slices, cucumber slices or pretty ice cubes in it.
6. Get plenty of rest. Believe it or not, you really do need your 8 hours of sleep in order to maintain your proper weight. This can help to regulate your hormone balance which can, in turn, help to maintain your weight.
7. Get plenty of exercise, even if you’re just walking, do so daily for at least 15 minutes. Your body, your heart and your diet will all thank you.
8. Drink more green tea. Statistics show that those who drink green tea tend to lose up to 70 more calories in a 24 hour day.
9. Eat normal portions of your foods. With today’s trend toward “super-sizing”, it’s easy to overeat. Be sure that you’re only eating one serving of each food.
10. Keep low calories snacks on hand. It’s easy to get stressed and “need” to eat. To combat this, keep some low-calorie snacks on hand. Consider carrots, broccoli, celery sticks and the like.
Once you’ve retrained your mind to eat properly, it’s going to be much easier to focus on what you should and shouldn’t be eating.
Learning when to eat and how to eat properly will go far in helping you to lose weight and keep it off. It’s not as difficult as it sounds if you just keep these 10 tips in mind.